Two hikers descend into Kaupo Gap at Haleakala National Park on the island of Maui, Hawai'i in today's photo of the day. Like what you see? Visit my photoshelter page to see more and order prints of your favorite shots. And don't forget that you can always support my work here and follow me on Instagram and Twitter.
However, if I were staying town, there are a number of things I might do:
- Check out what the Cascades Volcano Observatory has to say about the 30th anniversary of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens.
- Explore the Sunday Parkways in Northeast.
- Make up for totally spacing last Saturday on National Train Day and ride the train somewhere.
- Find a hammock to string up in my yard and whip together some micheladas.
- Finally finish reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring after eight years of constantly losing every copy of Tolkein's classic I get.
- Write letters on my typewriter.
- Head to the coast and see if there are any last minute yurt cancellations (doubtful).
Have anything else a would-be me should do? Let me know in the comments ... and share some ideas for later, when I'm actually not somewhere that's not where I am right now.