However, if I were staying town, there are a number of things I might do:
- Check out what the Cascades Volcano Observatory has to say about the 30th anniversary of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens.
- Explore the Sunday Parkways in Northeast.
- Make up for totally spacing last Saturday on National Train Day and ride the train somewhere.
- Find a hammock to string up in my yard and whip together some micheladas.
- Finally finish reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring after eight years of constantly losing every copy of Tolkein's classic I get.
- Write letters on my typewriter.
- Head to the coast and see if there are any last minute yurt cancellations (doubtful).
Have anything else a would-be me should do? Let me know in the comments ... and share some ideas for later, when I'm actually not somewhere that's not where I am right now.